18 Apr 2009

The Shack


I just finished reading a book that I heard a lot about and was a little reluctant to start, but let me tell you this was one of the best fiction books that I've read in a long time. It's not even my type of book. If you haven't read this, my suggestion is get it, read it, love it. After reading this book, I think the way I understand God will be changed forever. I cried a couple times too, I will admit.

Wm. Paul Young writes an amazing story of a man whose daughter was brutally murdered, and how God helps him deal with his pain, the judgement he has of God and others, and forgiveness. This book takes God out of the box and allows us to have a more open mind, less cluttered with traditions, religiousness and more freedom. I love it.

If you want to look more into it, check out the website. www.TheShackBook.com

0 comments: